Saturday, September 10, 2011

We lost you too soon.

I cannot find a way to post the newspaper on this thing! I promise it is very well written. However, I will post an important article on this.
http://www.gothictimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Sept-6-2011-Gothic-Times.pdf

For those who do not know this, Antonio Anazco was a childhood friend of mine. My brother teaches Taekwondo down in Princeton, NJ but he began in D.K Park Taekwondo in Jersey City, NJ. Antonio joined when he was nine years old and I met him when we were both 11 through my brother. Since then my brother and his close black belt friends always hung out for years. Antonio was the youngest of the group. He celebrated my birthdays many times and we were close. I referred to Antonio as my cousin since we were so close and we were both the same nationality.

My brother called me at 9:35am on Saturday and told me Antonio had died and I didn't believe him until I heard his voice crack. I ran upstairs and collapsed when I told my mom what had happened. At that moment my parents were fighting which meant the silent treatment but my mom walked me downstairs and spoke to my dad. She told him I wasn't well and he had to come in from the backyard. Once I calmed down I called Gina, my best friend, who also knew Antonio. It was one of the worst days of my life.

We went to his aunt's house to comfort and see Lupe - his mother. Antonio was Lupe's only child and they lived together. I couldn't take looking at her. She was just terribly and so heart broken. No break up could ever compare to a mother losing her child before his/her time. She just kept saying, "my son is dead," and it just killed me. After everything was said and done (wake and funeral) I looked up the story and found so many wrong articles. I took it upon myself to use my writing skills and EIC position and write the real story. His father approved of it and his mother liked it. I posted it on facebook and many of his friends and family enjoyed reading the real story. I think about him all the time and still keep his picture on my desktop:
That is my favorite picture of him. He will continued to be missed and we all will continue to speak to him through facebook.... I really miss him.


RIP
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment