Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"I'll spread my wings & learn how to fly."

Today was pretty productive. I went on campus to hold a private meeting with Monir and Rafal and came to a big decision... that will probably turn into a bigger fight, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Spoke to my adviser for some assistance in looking for employment. He referred me to a website to check out job openings. The only problem is I need (would like) to find a job by Princeton, NJ. I wanted to work in New York but my "uumph" isn't as strong as I thought. My main concern is to move out. My personal life WILL suffer if I stay at home and frankly, when I am away from home, I get along better with my mom. My worries are leaving my parents alone and my dogs alone. My parents are 50+ and both work jobs that require manual labor then come home to take care of large dogs, cook, and clean. I guess I am thinking the "American" way and have left some of my Latina background behind. Usually, the girl stays home until she becomes engaged, whereas I, want to move out before ever going into a serious relationship that involves being "tied down".

Anyway, back on topic, I did get a website that I will start looking through tomorrow. I also had the chance to go to the Arts building and check out some information for my news story. It's been a while since I have written for the news section so it has to be good... or else my own managing editor will have my head. What's wrong with this picture o.0? I got some information but still have a while to go. Tomorrow along with looking for an apartment with my brother, I'll be making calls and interviewing who I need to. 

At least I had a good birthday weekend before I have to work. I finally went paintball again and it was great!
I'm the midget in center after the games were done. 

I'll try to blog tomorrow about something of significance!

courtesy of gallery.drfaulken.com

I'm sure if anyone is reading this post, this is the expression they have. That's alright... I do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment