Sunday, September 16, 2012

Greetings from "real world"

So summer has come & gone & so has my blog. I have totally been A.W.O.L. all summer and that is such a no-no. Now can you see why it's frustrating for me to have a blog in the first place? Seriously, I need to watch MTV's Awkward to be inspired to blog more often. Pretty sad/pathetic, I know. Anyway, let's see what I can catch up on...

Life after NJCU & the Gothic Times has not been so sweet. I can't count how many job applications and positions I have applied for -not all Journalism positions, btw. I have been applying for journalism jobs and receptionist positions. Could you imagine I can't even land a receptionist job? All the applying and rejections constantly make me feel like bashing my head threw a wall over & over again. I always knew finding a job after school was going to be a challenge, I just wasn't prepared for this much trouble. Interview after interview & the only thing I have learned was to lie, make your weaknesses your awesomeness, and that I hate phone interviews. I really hate phone interviews. They are such an attack & not to mention absolutely ruthless and cutthroat. After countless rejections I still have to keep my hopes up and march forward in hopes someone will take pity of a college grad living on her own (well, with her brother) with very little money left in her savings and finally offer me a job that pays at least $11/hr.

Here's hoping!

The department of 'D' isn't bad. In fact, everything has been great. No complaints. It is safe to say I am seeing his flaws now more than before. So far, it's worth it. In this relationship I feel like a 13 year old. I'm not sure what to expect or how to act. I feel as though at this point of my life I should be working & living with someone, however neither of those things are happening. I think it would make more sense if I knew D for more time than a few months.... about 6/7 months to be exact... I think. I was never one to be good at math. I don't see moving in with him in my future yet. It would be nice & I think we could make it but I need a job and a secure promise from him...

I didn't do much this summer due to lack of fond but I did have summer fun. I met a few new people & rekindled old friendships. I also met some people I just cannot wait to leave behind and never speak to again. I also met people that I would have loved to have dated as well but D securely held my attention & couldn't be happier.

Here's a funny pic of a kitty


courtesy of wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment