Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blogging is harder than I thought!

I always thought blogging would be cool and a great outlet, but when I have to be careful what I say, it gets boring and rather hard to do. Obviously, I haven't been blogging as much and its not because I have stuff to do (even though I do, but it doesn't consume every minute of my life) its because i KNOW no one is reading this.. YET. 

What made it want to blog today was watching the Anne Frank story (2009 movie). I take for granted that I have freedom of speech and I am not forced to write in a diary while secretly being locked away. Although, I have had MANY diaries... which can be read once I am dead and buried where my mother will never read them! I should be happy that I have the luxury to blog in peace. If a thirteen year old Jewish girl can tell a whole story through her diary while in the midst of the Nazi invasion, I should be able to keep up a blog.

SO HOW ABOUT THAT 6.0 (5.8) EARTHQUAKE, MY FELLOW AMERICANS?! For those who slept through the massive amount of newsfeed on your facebook, the news, and rattles, here is a link to catch you up. It came bad timing as well for me. I had to call the person whos supposed to do our newspaper layout at 2pm and that is when the earthquake happened. I was on my couch trying to show my mom how to use netflix when I feel the couch shaking to which I thought was my dog scratching himself behind the couch. Once I saw he wasn't behind me, mom staring at the shaking lamps, I quickly thought "stupid trucks outside are too heavy to be driving around here." I didn't see any trucks and then it dawned on me, "Holy $#!&, this is an earthquake!" I quickly ran to the doorway with mom and I was scared. I cannot even pretend I wasn't. I was trying to stay calm while on the inside... this is what I looked like:

courtesy of SodaHead.com

The animal was like the earthquake: no need to happen, foreign to the surroundings, and SCARY. My mother stayed calm and after it stopped I called my brother down in Princeton and he informed me he felt the same thing. After that call, I quickly called Chance (Le Boyfriend). He, being 6'3 and a MONSTER size polar bear of a man, said he felt nothing. Then once I calmed down my mother decided to let me know Ecuador has had its share of earthquakes. Both my parents immigrated to the Unites States over 25 years ago, I have never went to Ecuador to visit family. This was my first earthquake and I was still shaky. My little joke of the day was, "I am an American Citizen from New Jersey! I shouldn't have to deal with this shaking #$%!" (take offense all you want, everyone enjoyed my little crack). 

I was pretty trippy. I never thought I would ever be involved in an earthquake while living in NJ, but unless you were old enough through the 80's to remember anything, we did have one back then. I wasn't even born yet, but my parents said they did have one here.

Well, that was my blog for now, hopefully I can come up with something better later! :)

:3

No comments:

Post a Comment