Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Almost There

One more day of class, one more final paper, and then i can finally begin editing and begin my articles! I have to build my editorial team soon which means i need a managing editor. One of themselves perks is having half of your tuition covered by the school. I have two candidates in mind

, but sadly i can only choose one. My advisor told me to interview both of them, and my dad told ms to give it to the person who needs it the most. Which makes sense. I just suck at being a boss.... considering i have never been in a boss position! My oldest brother's birthday is coming up and he is turning 30. He is currently single. I let him know when men get older and are still single its not a bad thing; when a woman gets old and remains single its a sad thing. It got me to think why do people pressure women to get married? Personally, i dont want to get married. I dont see myself being married. Living together, yes. White wedding, big, white dress (fyi: i dont think God would like if i tried to lie. The jig is up!), everyone staring at me.... dont see it. I love Chance, my boyfriend, but I have already told him that I don't see marriage in my future, let alone children! Im awkward around kids, therefore, I feel like I will be weird around my own kids too! I don't want to have them n have them grow up to be messed up people or spoiled, so what is the ideal way to raise good people? Here we have Chance, his mom let him do as he wanted and grew up fine, no babies, no drugs, in school, aspiring to go places. On the other hand, my cousin was spoiled and she came out with 2 kids, hates school, crap job - she's only 24 and she hates her baby father. I was sheltered and I did my own mischief and I have no clue if I turned out okay! Im moving away from the topic. Why do people look down on women who do not get married? Why did I just judge my cousin for having two kids and no husband? I blame society. I blame them because they have brain washed us into believing women need to be married and then have kids. What about single mothers? Or lesbians? Why are they such threats to everyone? Think about it, you can married, come together in a home, share your things and space, you get tired or the person or one cheats, then you have to file divorce, lawyers, court dates, separation of property, moving out, finding a spot, EXCESSIVE money usage to pay all listed above and then you find out you spent more getting away from your spouse than your own wedding! And involve kids in the mix! Then the kid comes out fucked up in the head too! At least if things go sour in a live-in relationship without marriage, you can move out n that's that. The only money issue is finding your own place, in fact, you'll save more money because you cut your costs and stop paying for your partners meals! Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment