Sunday, December 23, 2012

Epic FAiL

Okay, so maybe it's not a huge fail but it's still failure none the less. About a month ago I got a call back from a interview I had back in September. The job sounded wicked awesome, nothing that had to do with my degree though, however, I figured, "Hey, it's income & great experience."

I waited three months and I get the call to come in. I was tested for two weeks and it was probably the worst decision I made. The only good thing that came from it was that I did get some cash out of it. Any confidence I had was shaken & torn apart. I started to question my own qualifications & even started to double guess myself during the most simple tasks such as faxing or printing things. The job was not for me. The only time I actually felt confident was when she actually had me edit a newsletter, other than that, I felt beaten down & stripped of all my skills. Basically, as if I was not smart enough to do a job that was (in some ways) beneath what I received my degree in. Also, being questioned how I graduated college with a shitty amount of knowledge of math, didn't help.

It didn't work out. She asked me what was up and we both agreed that I was not the one for the job. I didn't feel like it was the right choice for me if I was constantly second guessing myself. She needed someone who can stay on top of things & it wasn't my area. I'm a writer but I am also an editor - not college student needing money. In short, it wasn't worth it.

It was a punch to the confidence but I am trying to shake it off. I don't have time to bullshit and derp around, I NEED income so I am now searching for whatever I can find again. 

Sigh, this is so frustrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment